As Unitarian Universalists we make promises to each other about how we will be together in community and with the whole world. We have a special child’s version of the seven principles and six sources that are incorporated into all of our classes. We call them our promises and encourage you to talk about them with your child at home. An easy way to do this is to read stories from our suggested reading list.
I PROMISE TO…
1. Treat each person as important and special;
2. Be fair and kind in all I do;
3. Accept others and learn from each of our spiritual beliefs;
4. Search for what is true and right;
5. Consider other people’s ideas and work together to decide what to do;
6. Build a fair and peaceful world;
7. Care for the earth.
OUR INDIVIDUAL BELIEFS AND PROMISES COME FROM…
Mystery and wonder;
People who make the world a better place;
The Jewish and Christian religions;
Science and using our minds;
The Earth and nature.
Permission is granted to reproduce with acknowledgement given to Second Unitarian Church of Chicago.